1. Where are the shuttle pickups and what time?
Please see our Parent Info page
2. Can my kids and their friends be in the same group at camp?
Yes, however this needs to be done in advance AND it must be the same type of camp. Requests must be made at least one week in advance. Last minute requests can interfere with our schedules and will not be accommodated. Make sure when you register that you specify in the notes section on the registration form (include all names) the kids that want to be in camp together.
3. Are kids grouped together by age?
Yes, we want the kids to make friends and be at a similar level for activities.
4. Can I get a discount for more than one week or for siblings?
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide discounts. All of our fees go directly towards the cost of running the program and caring for the animals.
5. Why can’t I register for Day Camp + 2 Days Riding on the 3 weeks of horse camp?
We run horse camp (5 days a week of horse riding) for only three weeks out of the summer. Due to the number of campers and horses, we cannot run the 2 day riding camp for those weeks.
5. Can I volunteer? What do I need to do?
Go to our forms/applications page, print out the volunteer form, and mail it to us.
6. Can I donate items or money?
Yes you can click on the donate button in the upper right hand corner, or you can contact Linda and Richard here.
7. Can adults participate?
Yes, there are many volunteer opportunities for adults as well as youth.
9. Can I get my community service credit for school by volunteering at McDonald Ranch Camp?
Yes, we can provide community service credit for volunteering.
10. How old must children be to volunteer at McDonald Ranch Camp?
12 years old (or 11 entering 7th grade.)